(Mailing list information, including unsubscribe instructions, is located at the end of this message.)
Time for a Loft & party update! Exciting news all around...
- Construction is moving swiftly, and we hope to move the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the old Loft down the block at some point next week. Which means we're tentatively thinking next Sat 10.22 for a daytime community decor push. As we firm up timing, we'll put word out for moving & decor help. Party tickets offered to helpers, of course! We also need to book an actual pro-level moving crew, if any of you guys happen to be connected to one.
- Are you looking for Halloween outifts? Next week will be utterly MAD, of course, but we're also thinking of hosting open hours at the old Loft for a bunch of you to shop our racks. We have something like 500+ pieces of clothing, from vintage to designer, with lots of wild partywear options. We'll do a quickie FB event for that, so pay attention to https://www.facebook.com/gemini.scorpio.loft -- but will of course also email the list. Meanwhile, we just did a drop of a bunch of vintage 90s goth gems to our online shops: https://linktr.ee/miss_scorpio_fashion -- you can use the link to browse, but please get in touch directly to buy to save us fees. We can ship worldwide, or you can come pick up in person.
- Our Sat 10.29 Halloween Dark Open is well on its way to selling out. We're out of low income & GA tickets, but Supporter & Patron tickets remain for now. As Patron tickets sell, we'll be adding Low Income tickets next week, so jump on the waitlist to get a notification. Don't wait on this one; there will not be door sales.
- If you've been curious about our House of Scorpio LGBTQ+ sex-positive community, that Halloween celebration is on Fri 10.28 (Persephone: dark dance + dungeon party), and is also going to sell out. Membership is required to attend HoS events, but it takes just a few minutes to sign up, and it starts at $5/month. All info is over at http://www.houseofscorpio.com
Gemini & Scorpio,
makers of themed costume events with live entertainment
Donation info: https://www.paypal.me/geminiandscorpio or Venmo - @Gemini-Scorpio
Monthly donations via HoS: http://www.houseofscorpio.com/membership.html
Handmade merch (flasks & geeky buttons): https://www.etsy.com/shop/GeminiScorpio
Vintage, thrift & designer clothes: https://linktr.ee/miss_scorpio_fashion (reply for an in-person appt)
http://www.geminiandscorpio.com | #geminiandscorpio
FB personal: https://www.facebook.com/gemini.scorpio
FB official: https://www.facebook.com/gemini.scorpio.loft
House of Scorpio - the sex-positive side of G&S http://www.houseofscorpio.com | http://bit.ly/HoS_FB
Please forward along to friends.
If this has been forwarded to you: http://www.geminiandscorpio.com/subscribe.html to subscribe for weekly events list, exclusive party invites, giveaways and offers.
Gemini & Scorpio
G&S Loft Halloween Dark Open
Sat 10.29, 9pm-4am, 21+ (25+ suggested), $20-60* GA / $25 after 1am if capacity allows
[No door sales / online reservations open during event until capacity reached]
Our new location! 267 Douglass St, 3rd fl (ADA accessible)
Official info: http://www.geminiandscorpio.com/events.html
Social media: @gemini_scorpio / #geminiandscorpio #MasqMacabre
There are some nights in this town that become legendary. Their sparkle lasts long beyond sunrise, when you might finally meander home. These are the nights you remember, and the reason you live in New York City. This is one of those nights.
Twenty years after we threw our first event...eleven years after we opened our first venue -- and a year after we closed it...three years into a life-altering pandemic...Gemini and Scorpio return with a Halloween celebration like only they can do: an all-night spectacle of riotous live music, dancing, circus arts and late-night revelry, snake-charmed into an absinthe-fueled early-morning speakeasy. The space may still be raw, but you can be here when the first-ever champagne cork is popped: to celebrate our (almost) opening, we pour free bubbly 9-10pm.
- Sxip Shirey and his Jank! Band: dirty electronics, sousaphone and bullhorn harmonica dance party
- Banda Rim Bam Bum: 20-person Carnival brass band from Santiago, Chile infusing pop and traditional songs with Latin rhythms
- Demonic dance floor by DJ Joro Boro
- Fiery mayhem by Sage Sovereign
- Twisted aerial stunts by Alaska The Lost Boy
- Creepy burlesque by Kita St Cyr
- Sideshow lunacy by Anna Monoxide
- Dangerous fortunes by Ambrose
- Surreal soundscapes by DJ Blagg
- Spooky recitations by Jane LeCroy
- Ghostly visuals
- Absinthe and other mind-altering potions by The House of St Eve (yes, t.h.o.s.e. cocktails...)
- Face adornments by Painteresse Elyzabeth
Dress code: your glamorous, dark, witchy, steampunk best or your Halloween wear. Effort required / no casual wear / if we have to ask, it's not a costume. You WILL be turned away without a refund.
COVID safety: full info TK. We will have two hospital grade UV air purifiers cycling the air.
*All tickets offer the same access to the event. Please buy at the highest price you can, to support artists, production and affordable tickets for everyone. For every patron ticket ($60) we add a low income ticket ($25).
Do you have something to share with our readers or events you'd like to have included in our emails? Did we miss anything? We're always open to suggestions & feedback. Write to us at gs@PROTECTED and tell us your thoughts.
This mailing list is announce-only.
G&S: Gemini & Scorpio's own themed parties and weekly list of NYC events, artist opportunities and freebies.
We will never share your email address with others.