10.31.06: Devils n' Dolls Halloween Parade Afterparty
Devilish dolls and dolled up devils...from pitchforks to pinafores, expect the sweet and the naughty to collide. Why be one when you can be both?
Hot on the heels of being honored in the Village Voice Best of 2006 list for another infamous bash, Gemini & Scorpio invite all pretty hellraisers, demonic vixens and sly beasts to another unforgettable Halloween Parade Afterparty. Dance all night in one of the best secret hot spots in New York: a club with a state-of-the-art sound system, wall-sized movie screen, waterfall, and a plush-covered climbable chillout room.
- Open vodka bar, 9-10pm and $7 vodka specials all night
- Live! Big Balkan brass blowout from NY favorites Hungry March Band and French visitors Les Ouiches Lorenes
- DJ Aaroneus of Rubulad, last year's favorite, opens the night with 70's funk, really old skool hip hop, 80's electro and funky post-punk (the danceable kind)
- DJ $mall ¢hange drops eclectic funky universal ass-shaking jams from another dimension after the brass bands
- Late night heavy bass set from infamous DJ Jason Blackkat
- Blacklight face & body painting by All-Seeing Mystik Painteresse Elyzabeth
- Devilish go-go dancers
- Gory visuals by Missy Galore
- Midnight witch coven ritual
- Special goth doll prizes for best Devils and Dolls
Location: LOVE, 179 MacDougal St (near 8th st), 1/2 block from parade route