5/19 - Goldmine! Shopping party
Have you ever wanted to shop (or at least rifle through) Miss Scorpio's closet? This is your chance. She's teaming up with burlesque bombshell Veronica Varlow, a fellow dress-up addict, for some spring cleaning and fundraising for their respective homes. You already know about the Gemini & Scorpio Loft, our art space project. Veronica's upstate home burned down, and she's rebuilding from scratch.
In addition, some of the most fabulous ladies of the burlesque, cabaret, and design world will be opening their closets and displaying their magnificent contents for your purchase -- and sharing their fierce handmade items with you. Think one-of-a-kind vintage, corsets and crinolines, feathers and fascinators, elbow-length fingerless leather gloves, and lots and lots of sparkles. Of course even divas have days off, so there will be plenty of casual wear alongside costume and vintage pieces. Mimosas and music, too; plus lounging on our giant roof.
Featuring the handmade designs of:
- Amalgam Nouveau - up-cycled GypsyFaery jewelry and fascinators for the rustically elegant time-traveler
- Abby's Chapeaux - hand-embellished funky hats
- Anne Arden McDonald - lace, sea creatures and natural elements in hand-cast silver
- Electric Candy - laser-cut blacklight-reactive fierce acrylic party wear
- Lamia Gloves - the fingerless leather gloves of choice for NYC party people
- Liberace Nation - drapey slinky luxe handmade unisex clothing
- Make Fun Studio - when you need the perfect circus leotard or stilt pants
- Paigey Pumphrey - Girls! Girls! Girls!
- Sarah Sparkles - hand-crafted stone & crystal jewelry
- Plus Ali Luminescent - representing a handful of international designers whose work you can only get through her directly
8/9 - Save the date: G&S 10th Anniversary / The Lost Circus
The weekend of August 9-10, 2013. Details soon!