Space available in our building!
We have an amazing opportunity for an office/storage/studio/rehearsal/performance space share at Gemini & Scorpio Loft, ideal for theater or other performance company! Studio rooms have been built out on the first floor, and we snagged two to share.
Office: shared room, either available as half-office with one dedicated & one shared desk space ($350/mo) or two separate dedicated desk spaces ($225/mo). 24/7 access, AC/heat/window, wifi, some shelves & cabinets. Storage/studio: 9x13 room across the hall, closest to the loading dock, $700/mo. Whether you go for one or both, we'll bundle it with resident rates for Gemini & Scorpio Loft for rehearsals, meetings & shows.Available now. Email "loft" at "geminiandscorpio" to talk to us about renting.
Or, to get your own space, see http://www.bandspacesnyc.com -- the room layout is here. (If you're going to do quieter things, please request our side of the building! It's A-C.) For anyone renting a room in the building, we'll also offer discounts on any Loft rentals for meetings, rehearsals and shows.
Looking for our sexier events? They're over at House of Scorpio.
5.26 - Goldmine
costume, vintage, thrift and craft shopping party
Sun, May 26, 1-6pm, FREE, all ages
Gemini & Scorpio Loft, Gowanus, BK - use form below for location
Event on Facebook | Social media: @gemini_scorpio #geminiandscorpio
Miss Scorpio teams up with fellow dress-up addicts and craft-makers for some closet-cleaning and handmade clothing & accessory shopping. Think one-of-a-kind vintage, feathers and fascinators, unique jewelry, and lots and lots of sparkles. Of course even divas have days off, so there will be plenty of cheap casual wear finds alongside costume and vintage pieces. Plus: by-donation champagne & small snacks, chill soundtrack, and lounging in our awesome loft and sprawling roof. Perfect spring Sunday.
- Confirmed vendors:
- Miss Scorpio - vintage, costume and designer pieces selected for their unique visual appeal
- Albersland Jewelry - Wearable sculpture pulled from wax and fire
- Andriana Santiago - Vinyl record rings & many other things
- Costumegasm - Pasties, booty shorts, elastic body harnesses and more party wear
- Cult of Hope - Crystal sacred geometry earrings
- Ethereal Bunny Boutique - Vintage showgirl finds
- Figure of A - Couture London brand inspired by Japanese rope bondage
- Grace Edwards NY - Hip hop, punk, and Japanese-inspired haute bohemian streetwear
- Hissyfit Cvlt - Witchy feminist tees and beauty products
- Lamia Design - Handmade fingerless leather gloves
- Lanny's Wood - Handmade limited edition Woodcut Prints
- Midge Blitz - Fun and playfully rebellious accessory line featuring eyeballs, hearts and skulls
- Mutantland - One-of-a-kind stuffed animals & paintings
- Sugared Violets Emporium - Corsets, shoes, vintage, costumes, sequins
- Tender Gloving Care - Ladies embellished vintage gloves and fashion
- The Devils In the Details - Historical costuming and vintage finds
- Things Made From Other Things - Handmade and upcycled clothing and accessories -
- Vengeance Designs - Latex couture combining elements of classic fetish design and trending fashions
Delicious and sexy cookies, cupcakes and sweet treats by Brooklyn Born and Bread
Restorative massages by Sean Simpson (you can book up to a half hour massage in advance or first-come, first-served)
Intuitive tarot and oracle card readings by Cult of Hope
6.20 - Sea Creature Stomp: a Mermaid Parade afterparty
Sat, June 22, 8pm-2am, $10 adv / $15 min sugg don at door (more is great! all $ goes to bands), 21+ (25+ suggested)
Gemini & Scorpio Loft, Gowanus, BK - use form below for location
Buy tickets | Event on Facebook | Social media: @gemini_scorpio #geminiandscorpio #GSmermaids
Live music & DJs, cheap drinks, ice cream, and lounging on our sprawling roof. Classic Brooklyn summertime loft party...if it happened under the sea. Dress code: all sea creature everything.
- Hungry March Band - NYC's legendary street marching band: a blazing parade of flesh, blood, steel, brass and wood. They are the music of the people!
- The L Train Brass Band - A 30-person crew awarded Best Music Group at 2018 Mermaid Parade, cranking out a wild mix of NoLA jazz, Latin, Balkan, hip hop, funk, R&B and pop.No matter where this train ends up, the primary goals are "fun first" and "keeping it weird"!
- Brass Queens - An all-female brass ensemble with a diverse repertoire, featuring classic hits by woman artists, funk, soul and traditional NoLA second-line. Ladies kick BRASS!
Closest subway from parade: express B/D/N/Q to Atlantic-Pacific (or switch to R for local Union stop).
6.23 [sold out], 7.14, 9.22 - The Grand Victorian Garden Tea
Sundays, 4-8pm, $40, all ages, rain or shine
at the historical Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden, 421 E 61st St
Event on Facebook | Buy tickets
Social media: @gemini_scorpio #geminiandscorpio #gsvictorianball
Join us as we travel back in time to the Victorian Age, to an elegant country resort a short carriage ride away from the hustle and bustle of the city (which at that time extended only as far north as 14th Street). It's a proper turn-of-century tea party, with finger sandwiches, scones and fancies, in a darling garden attached to an impossible Victorian cottage overlooking modern Manhattan. Historical chef Rebecca Leigh Silverman will hand-make delectable treats from antique recipes, and give a small talk about each dish.
All guests will have access to the museum as well as garden: come early to take advantage of individual tours led by the docents of the musem. In case of rain, the event will happen indoors.
The menu (details TK -- see sample menu on left):
- Three types of Finger Sandwiches
- Scones with Clotted Cream & Preserves
- Two types of unique desserts
1800-1910s summer garden party, with all-white, cream and pastel tones encouraged. No modern casual wear, please - though modern cocktail summer attire is easy to accessorize with a nod to Victorian times. Costume inspiration Pinterest board (not ours) here.
About our venue:
Constructed in 1799 as a carriage house for a 23-acre estate, and converted into the Mount Vernon Hotel in 1826, this stone building sits on land originally owned by Colonel William Stephens Smith, and his wife Abigail Adams Smith, daughter of John Adams. The hotel operated until 1833, at which point the house became the home for three generations of a New York City family.
A taste of previous turn-of-century G&S events:
6.28 - The Cocktail Experiment + May Babies Bday Party
Fri, June 28, 8pm-12am, FREE + FREE drinks if you bring a cocktail ingredient, 21+ (25+ recommended)
Gemini & Scorpio Loft, Gowanus, BK - use form on top of page for location
Event on Facebook | Social media: @gemini_scorpio #geminiandscorpio / #thecocktailexperiment
Every fourth Friday, enjoy inventive craft cocktails in a better-than-bar atmosphere: a sexy low-lit loft, lots of couches, sprawling roof, chill music, serious skills behind the bar, no attitude, no cover. Weekend bars are awful; come hide out here. We'll make you something delicious.
Plus, the Experiment: craft cocktail pop-up meets Iron Chef. One kickass bartender, a fully stocked bar, and YOU bringing a liquid challenge: a bottle of something unusual for our pro to turn into a one-of-a-kind cocktail. If your bottle is used in creation of a cocktail, you and a friend get a complimentary round (up to three friends, if it's a full size bottle of something excellent!). No two cocktails will be the same, and all will be delicious.
Is your birthday in May? Your first experiment is on the house (show us your ID). You can even get in touch to reserve a couch, arrange party favors, etc. Yes, you can order food to be delivered, too. For everyone else: free un-birthday treats!
*Tips on bringing ingredients: we welcome both liquor and mixer challenges, but please no basic juices or sodas...that's not what craft cocktails are made of. Consider: half-size bottles, homemade infusions or syrups, that forgotten bottle of weird booze you don't know what to do with, unique amaros, bitters or vermouths. Most importantly, since whatever you brought will be in your free cocktail round, choose flavors you enjoy. Small request: nothing that tastes of anise or licorice, please! If that's the flavor you want, we have plenty of that in the bar, including the best absinthe you'll ever have.